To provide a clean room for guests and ensure that all mirrors and glass surfaces are clean and sparkling.
If you liked this article, you may want to do an indepth course. Enroll in any of our course from the course catalog in the menu bar.
And if you are interested in training your team, do check out our training plans for hotels
- All exterior glass on the hotel should be cleaned using the “Spiderman Kit” as per the cleaning schedule .
- A letter announcing the cleaning will be placed in all guest rooms to avoid privacy issues.
- All glass / mirrors in respective areas and guest rooms are to be cleaned by the widow cleaner and information to be passed on to particular area shift incharge.
- Glass cleaner should be used to clean glass / mirrors.
- Chemicals should never be sprayed directly on glass / mirrors; it should always be sprayed on a duster and then applied to the surface.
- After cleaning the glass / mirrors, check for streak marks; if there are streak marks, buff the surface with a dry duster.
- While cleaning glass / mirrors at high level, proper safety measures such as belts, helmets and long-handle squeezes should be used.
- Wipe glass / mirrors with dry glass dusters (or a window squeeze if it is excessively wet).