To ensure that all upholstery in the guest rooms is kept clean.
If you liked this article, you may want to do an indepth course. Enroll in any of our course from the course catalog in the menu bar.
And if you are interested in training your team, do check out our training plans for hotels
- Collect all the necessary materials required to clean the upholstery(i.e., vacuum cleaner, crevice nozzle and upholstery nozzle).
- Identify the upholstery which requires cleaning; keep the cushions away from the upholstery.
- Clean the upholstery by vacuuming it thoroughly; all of the corners are to be cleaned using the crevice nozzle.
- Before vacuuming the upholstery, it has to be checked for spots; if there are any, spotting has to be done.
- Cleaning of upholstery is part of the daily routine to provide quality rooms to all of our guests.
- The cushions for the upholstery should also be checked for spots; if there are any, spotting has to be done before vacuuming .
- The headboard, ottoman and chair leather should also be buffed with leather polish at least once every 15 days.
- Heavy curtains should also be vacuumed once every 15 days time.
- Bed skirt, heavy curtains and sheer curtains should be sent for washing once every three months