Collection of talks by hotel leaders spreading ideas about what is important.
The why and how of delegating
What will you learn in this video?
If you are wondering how to start with delegating work to your employees, this video will help you understand it better.
Have you ever felt like there just aren’t enough hours in the day? Let’s talk about delegation and how it can help.
Effective delegation can increase productivity and job satisfaction.
A Harvard Business Review study found that delegation can increase productivity by up to 30%.
Effective delegation can also improve the confidence and skill of the team.By freeing up your time, you can focus on making sure that you do the important task that needs your attention. You can also avoid burnout by effective delegation.
For example, let’s say you’re a manager who’s overwhelmed with tasks.By delegating some of those tasks to your team, you can free up time to focus on strategy and leadership.
So, how do you delegate effectively?
It’s all about clear communication, setting expectations, and providing support and feedback to your team members. Trust in your team is a key component while delegating.
While delegating, you can use the Pareto’s principle. You may know that 80 percent of the results can come out of the 20 percent work you do.
Once you understand what is the 20 percent that is important, then delegate the remaining 80 percent of tasks.
Another way to delegate is to see if someone can do a task with at least 70 percent accuracy. If they can, delegate it and then monitor the task. But remember, just because you have delegated the task to your subordinate, it does not mean that you are now not responsible for that.
Delegating is a choice, but ultimately you will be responsible for the results, so monitor the progress of the task you delegate.