Name of the SOP: Vacuuming an area
Objective : To ensure the area is free of dust and is clean of debris
- Collect the vacuum cleaner; ensure that the vacuum cleaner bag is empty and clean prior to use.
- Shut the door of a room so that the vacuum cleaner noise does not disturb the guests.
- Plug in the vacuum cleaner and ensure that the cord is free of knots for easy operation.
- Identify the floor / area to vacuum.
- If the area is carpeted, change the vacuum head from brush side to the metal side for easy operation.
- If the surface is wooden, change the side to brush by pushing the lever upside down; push the lever by hand only, as using your foot may damage the lever.
- Start vacuuming from one corner of the room to the other until the entire area of the room is vacuumed.
- Any item that is bigger than the vacuum head in volume / size should be removed by hand as it may get stuck inside the hose pipe and make suction difficult.
- Do not under any circumstances use the dry vacuum cleaner to clean wet surfaces or vacuum any liquids; this can damage or break the machine.
- After vacuuming the area check to ensure the area is covered and nothing is left out.
- Unplug the vacuum cleaner and roll up the cord properly.
- Do not use vacuum cleaner at night as it may disturb sleeping guests.
- Empty and clean the dust bag every day for better results.
- Do not drag or pull the vacuum cleaner by its hose pipe as this may damage the machine.
Buy a Complete set of SOP for Housekeeping department by clicking here
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for video tutorials.