So you have a HR department in your hotel. Every company around the world will proudly claim that their people are the most critical asset they have. So it makes sense to have an HR department in your hotel.
What does your HR department do? Or what are they expected to you?
How do you know if they are doing all that they are supposed to be doing. Use the list below to see if they are doing all their tasks. If you don’t have a HR department and are thinking of setting up one, use this to set up and make a job description for your HR Manager.
Since the HR manager is overall in charge of running the department, make sure that all these tasks are being fulfilled properly.
And if you are interested in training your team, do check out our training plans for hotels
- Receipt of requirement of manpower from various department heads.
- Scrutinize them and take approval from concerned authorities if the post is new.
- Prepare a recruitment budget and CTC for the employee and take approval.
- Select the appropriate Recruitment process.
- Prepare advertisements for the recruitment.
- Scrutinize and shortlist the applications received.
- Send interview call letters/mails as required.
- Conduct Interviews through panels.
- Preparation of offer letters as required.
- Administrating Joining formalities.
- Pre Employment Reference checks.
- Preparation of Appointment Advice and intimating the same to other departments.
- Preparing and entering new hire paperwork.
- Co ordinating to get Employee ID Cards.
- Handing over the new hire to the concerned HOD/Manager.
- Preparation of Job Profiles co ordination with HOD/Managers for new posts.
Employee Personal File Maintenance:
- Opening new file and Closing the Resigned employee’s File.
- Make sure all Employee files are maintained safely with care.
- Make sure all personal records are available in the files.
- Periodic Personal File Auditing.
Employee Data Base:
- Keeping Track of Knowledge Management Software.
- Maintenance of HRIS.
- Intimating the concerned HOD/Manager about the due dates for confirmation.
- Conducting Confirmation Appraisals.
- Coordinating for Skill Gap Analysis.
- Coordinating to set Quality Objectives for each job profile.
- Ensuring updation of the existing Job Profiles.
- Processing the Confirmation.
- Ensuring all the updation of the ISO documentation and HR Formats.
- Learning and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Facing the Internal and External Audits, accountable to enforce the correctional actions.
- Handling PF and ESI formalities and coordinating with other departments.
- Handling Apprentice Training, Submitting Periodic Returns to Board.
- Submitting other returns to the labour Department as per Shops and establishment Act.
Training And Development:
- Conducting Induction Training for new hires.
- Training Need Analysis based on Skill Gap Analysis, Appraisal Feedback and suggestions.
- Coordinating External and Internal Training Programs.
- Maintaining Training Records.
- Analysis of Training Feedback.
- Prepared the new Appraisal Form.
- Educated employees about self-appraisal.
- Provided inputs to HOD’s for Appraisals.
- Prepared Appraisal Letters.
- Having formal and Informal counseling with employees.
- Prepared Event Calendar of monthly recreation to motivate employees.
- Handling Corporate Medical Insurance.
- Processing required letters on employee’s request.
- Generating and analyzing Employee Attrition Reports, Training Evaluation, and Manpower Status.
- Weekly and monthly recruitment reports
- Report generation of Pre appraisal, Appraisal and Post Appraisals.
- Salary Details Reports to Accounts Department.
- Reports as per the HOD’s request.
- Administering Exit paper work including all statutory requirements.
- Conducting Exit Interviews.
- Preparing Exit Interview Summary.
- Giving post-employment reference for relieved employees.
- Processing File to Accounts Department for final settlement.
Internal Complaints Committee:
- Constitute an ICC as per guidelines mentioned in the Prevention of Sexual Harassment against women at workplace
- Train and retrain on do’s and don’t’ to all employees
- Display the ICC members and Act copy in the notice board
- Ensure Committee meets every quarter
- Submit annual return even if it is NIL.